Summer Reading 2
The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. ~James Bryce
So in case you cannot tell, I am making up for some lost time on this blog thing. I have not spent as much time with it as I would have liked, but whattya do? I guess it would help if I had a job where I was in front of a computer more, but I didn't end up temping so I am back at square one at trying to make some time for it. I guess that I have been spending too much time reading. In fact, I am not only gonna take a break from the pool, but I am planning on taking a reading break as well. However, here are the titles that I plan on reading on my vacation & will end my summer reading list:
1)Barbara Kingsolver Omnibus
This was a book that was totally "more bang for the buck" because there are three novels in it for 5 bucks. This is the author of "The Poisonwood Bible" (back when I was on the Oprah Reading List circuit.
2) The Corrections
This is a story of a dysfunctional family & goes into different vignettes throughout the book about each one of the characters in the story & their relation to family.
3)The Giver
I read this one a long time ago when I was a kid, but I am going to use it as a read aloud fro my class so I wanted to read it again. Ordinarily, I don't have the attention span to read something agin or watch a movie twice--but this is a pretty quick read & the only book that I have right now that fits perfectly in my purse.....all my other ones are too big.
4)The Reader
I haven't started this one yet, but it looks pretty good love story.
5)The Patchwork Planet
A story about a thirtysomething guy that doesn't really fit in to society's norms & his struggle for acceptance. Yeah, perhaps a little familiar? I have read Ann Tyler before & I won't have to think too hard while reading this one, which is probably good because I plan on partaking a few adult cocktails since our beachhouse will have it's own pool..........
What I'm listening to right now....."First Day of My Life"/Bright Eyes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home