Monday, June 26, 2006

No work

There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart. ~Celia Thaxter

Ok, I resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to work this summer. It's like I wake up in the morning with the best intentions of trying to be responsible & to find some summer work & then I end up on this computer, dowmloading music, at the gym, or playing with my niece & nephew. It seemed so easy to get temp work when I lived in Indy. In fact, I would even say that I was a pro at it. However, in Louisville there haven't been any callbacks on the issue. Therefore, I've decided to put my efforts elsewhere. I figure that next school year that I will have my hands full anyway with going to a new grade. There will be homework for me every night. There will be no assistant & I definitely don't know the content area like I did 1st grade. There will be a lot more grunt work in 5th at night, to be sure.

Anyway, I am also just enjoying waking up in the morn and having the ooportunity to do things that I never have an opportunity to do during the school year. These are things that I never get the opportunity to do in the morns during school:
1)Check non school e mail
2) Write in my blog
3)Go out to lunch
4) Drink as much chai tea as I want (there won't be a bathroom in my room this coming year)
5) Straighten up the house (what's that during the school year? That's reserved for weekends)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home