Monday, June 26, 2006

Week Plans

This week my schedule is changing a bit. I am going to start tutoring my niece. Natalie has been going to a tutor once a week anyway for math. I am excited to have the ability to help out, but tutoring can be difficult in the respect that you need to make learning all that more fun. As if not doing this on a daily basis wasn't ahrd enough, this is also my niece. I'm not going to lie. My 2nd bedroom has become not guest quarters anymore. After being privey to 2 retirements of teachers that were more "hands on" then you can shake a stick at, my guest room has become a teaching material warehouse. I literally have any type of manipulative imaginable in boxes and boxes. While some seasoned teachers thought I should throw out all of this stuff b/c it becomes overwhelming & start anew, I ahve successfully pilfered through all of it & now it's permanent home has become what I will term as "my teacher closet." I just couldn't help it. Both of these teachers that retired had a lot of cool stuff that I knew that I would inevtably have to run out at 11:00 on a school night & try to find for a various science experiment, project, etc. Anyway, enough on that tangent. I am excited to tutor this week. I hope that I can help in a fun way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home