Summer Reading
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
One of the best things about summer vacation is having the opportunity to get some reading done. While the latter half of summer break I will be doing some 5th grade novels & getting ready for the school year, I am just reading some random stuff right now. I just got done with the following books and would recommend:
1) Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris
2) Dress your Family in Denim and Courdorouy-David Sedaris
I liked both Sedaris books. They kinda reminded me of the Chuck Closterman (Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" that I read over Spring Break. It is just basically short storoes on pop culture. I guess that he was in Louisville recently at the Palace doing something with NPR & This American Life. At any rate, they were both pretty humorous books.
3)Nickel and Dimed-This is a documentary from a woman that went around and worked only minimim wage jobs just to see of she could get by. It was an interesting read, but only depressed me---whom lives pretty much paycheck to paycheck as well. At any rate, it was a pretty quick read and satisfied my need to constantly read about oppressed people.
4)The Beach- This book said that it was an international bestseller & now a major motion picture. I guess I didn't get the memo? Anyway, I am not quite done with this one but it basically reminds me of a lot of different types of books rolled into 1. The basic jist is a group of gen x'ers on a beach. But so far it's a thriller. I will keep ya posted.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home