Monday, July 10, 2006

Aerobics

The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner

Yesterday was a good day. When I woke up I went to Starbuck's & treated myself to some coffee. I then moseyed over to Half Price Books. I love that place. Now my summer reading is complete. (I will save my titles for another blog entry.)No more buying books. I have enough to last me the next 3 weeks until school starts up....

Anyway, I had intended in going to the gym to make proper use of the caffeine rush, but it ended up being cancelled due to instructor illness. I can't say that I really minded. In fact, I was kinda grateful to just hang out on the treadmill for a bit& listen to the ipod. However, I realized that this is really pretty short-lived entertainment so I moved on to the exercise bike & started on one of the books that I had just purchased. I won't make mention of the book that I got (it was clearanced. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even paid half price for it.)Let's just say that it was a self-help book that was right at the aisle where you go to pay. I found it how ironic that I went to lengths to make sure that I covered up the title at all times so that no one else at the gym knew what I was reading. I had to giggle a bit at the irony of hiding a self-help book at a place that is basically a self-help establishment. Sometimes I will even go as far as to cover up what article I am in reading when a new Cosmopolitan comes in & I peruse through it at the treadmill like, "How to have a great Orgasm", "How top make your man Scream for More", or "How to Look Good in a Bathing Suit Even Though Your Too fat to be wearing one out in Public".
Ahhhhh the gym..... Are there enough good things to say about it? No wonder those gym rats are such weirdos, I would be too if I had to constantly conceal my identity.....hee hee

What I'm Listening to......."Always On Your Side"/Sheryl Crow & Sting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home