Saturday, June 17, 2006

Carefree


A life without love is like a year without summer. ~Swedish Proverb

The last couple of days the weather has been fabulous. I love that the summer has not been to incredibly hot, and this is definitely a favorite time of my break. It’s amazing how fast the day goes during the school year, but it’s even faster in the summer. It is already the middle of June. At any rate, the past few days have been fairly uneventful, but I can honestly say that this is the first week that I feel completely relaxed. It’s weird that it takes that long to decompress from the school year, but I guess that’s what’s to be expected from a year of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Anyway, went out to see the kids since I hadn’t seen them for a couple of days. Mom left for Atlanta so no downloading music for a couple of days. (I left the key in the house b/c I forgot that she was going out of town) Therefore, spent the afternoon with Heather and the kids and then went out for some adult time. After too many adult beverages and meeting new friends, safely arrived home. Spent the rest of the weekend getting liscense tags renewed, took a quick roadie to Bowling Green, went swimming at Heath’s health club, and made pinwheels and special cake for Father’s Day. Still have to run out and get something for dad. He’s so hard to shop for. Guess I will take the easy way out and opt for a shirt or book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home