Monday, July 10, 2006

Hair of the Dog

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." ~Jack Handey

So summer is the time of the year when I probably tend to drink more then I would any other time of the year. I think that there are many events in the summer that lend themselves to drinking. (ie: no work the next day so I can nurse a hangover, concerts, Derby, July 4th, birthdays, pool time, humidity, vacation, baseball, daylight savings time, sitting out on decks, etc) My sister and I have started the habit of going out for a couple of drinks on Thursdays (probably much to my brother-in-law's disappointment that his sister-in-law is such a bad influence on her sister)
However, now that I am trying to stay on this diet, I am not supposed to drink. My sister seems disappointed in my behavior & insistence on not being overindulgent. Thank God I am not going to be on this dieet plan forever--for summer would just not be the same!!

What I'm listening to......."Tiger in My Tank"/Eels (Hadn't really listened to them before. His voice really sounds a lot like Beck)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home