Sunday, April 30, 2006

New position

I was offered a different grade for next year.I was really hoping for an opportunity to move to upper elementary but was not sure how quickly that it would happen. I am very excited about fifth grade, but it's a big move from being in the 1st. I know that I will genuinely enjoy having older kids because I get an opportunity to teach more writing and more of the content areas that I so love to teach. It was really hard to fit social studies and science into the cirriculum in first. I will miss the hugs the most though. First graders are huggers for sure! Oh well, I will get the sweetest class ever again in fifth in a couple of years!

I couldn't sleep the other night though....... there is a lot to think about and a lot of stuff to have to prepare over the summer. Thank goodness I am at such a supportive school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home