Thursday, March 30, 2006

More venting

"If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it." ~Olin Miller

So I have to go on a little more and more about my displeasure of this portfolio task. I find it interesting that the state has us new teachers do something like this. By this time, they should know that one of the secrets of being a good educator is our ability to mutli-task beautifully. However, I find this whole process of writing up a 30+ page report pretty dumb. I understand the reason why we are supposed to reflect on the paast 2 years, I get that. However, I don't understand how they think that my schedule has time to do something like this AND teach. The only time to really make time for something like this is to use my free time. I thought actually having some free time & tryting to lead a BALANCED life was supposed to be something that we aspire to. However, I am an all or nothing type of person. You see, I am not a "little bit at a time" type of girl. Case in point: either my house is clean or it's not. For instance, I do not pick up as I go along. By all means, I am NOT a straightener. Instead, I am a cleaner. I wait patiently for a wave of productivity to come over me to an effort reinvent my house into a clean area. You can ask any roommate that I have ever had, they will agree with you that I am this way. I have learned to accept myself this way.

Perhaps that is why I am feverishly trying to finish this thing by noon today?
Oh well, gotta take advantage of the wave of productivity I guess......hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home