Friday, April 28, 2006

Casey

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912

So a lot has happened since I posted last. I haven't had the time to get on this thing since Spring Break. Things are going way too fast and I am just hoping to get through the month of May successfully. I guess that being busy is a good thing though because my wonderful dog has passed. My casey bear went to heaven the night before Easter. The lymphoma took it's course and she suffered a stroke. When I had run an errand, I came back & she couldn't walk. I knew that it was time to put her down & so I called mom for help. God took over from there I guess, probably because he knew that I didn't want to actually put her down. Because there is no place open on weekends, the only appointment that was availble was at 10 at night. While waiting in the car with mom & I she passed. I was so happy that she dies in my care and that it just happened naturally.

She was such a cool dog with such an amazing past. She took a good run at it though. She was 11. Brittany Spaniels rock. Everyone has been super cool. My parents are kept me busy so I wasn't home a lot. It's still hard not to hear her pitter patters on my harwood floors & Luva misses her as well.....sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pisces75 said...

Oh honey...I am SO sorry. I was just telling JC how I was catching up on your life by reading your blog. I told him about Casey and we both were hoping she would hold out.
Same thing happened to my mom's dog Loretta 2 months ago. She died naturally as well. She got comfort in the fact she didn't have to "put her down".
I can only imagine the sadness of your loss. You know how I am about dogs and my attachment issues. Casey was a great dog, and you were a great owner to give her the life she had.

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home