Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas

Hope that everyone had a good holiday yesterday. Gonna spend some time posting up some pics. Haven't spent a huge amount updating this thing all year except for this time last year & then on Spring Break. Will try to recap the year a bit & try to keep more in touch on this thing this year. I have forgone the Christmas cards this year, as the deadline has already approached & went---but recieved many Christmas cards from friends & greatly appreciated them!

Yesterday's festivities went off without a hitch, & enjoyed the rainy, gloomy day--- mostly in my pajamas. I took a shower & then put them back on! I just wanted to be comfortable for the Christmas ride.............

I am spoiled, really. Mom has a way of making this somewhat vulnerable time of year as extravagant & made me feel really special. I feel as if this year our gifts to one another were particularly meaningful. It's nice for soemone to buy you things that you wouldn't ordinarily buy for yourself. She is so good about making her gifts as appealing outside as on the inside. She goes to way too much trouble for me, but I don't take it for granted as I grow older each year. She really does outdo herself at Christmas.

Good to see memebers of my family that I tend to only see this time of year. Good to actually have some conversations with them, versus just going through the motions of a holiday activity. Finished the evening at Heather's to spend some quality time with Jack, who got chicken pox as his Christamas present. Poor thing. Instead, mom & I were reminded of the growing pains associated with having a new member or your family eneter your house. The kids are still weary of the new puppy, as it nips quite a bit at their little bodies still, but it will take patience & perserverance. I hope my sister is up to the challenge of a new baby! hee hee

Overall, had a good holiday. I am constantly reminded of how grateful I am for my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home