Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Derby, I can't quit you


I guess I will start the update with the 1st weekend in May to catch up. It is always such a good weekend and the weather was phenomenal. It was truly a wild weekend, with new guests coming down to boot. We stayed at Heather's place so we would have more room. Needless to say one of the best quotes of the weekend was Brokeback Mountain quote (a movie which none of us had seen mind you). "I can't quit you" has a totally new connotation to it. Whether it was beer, (can't quit it) friends going off to the port of pots (Hurry back, I can't quit you).....yada, yada, yada---you get the picture.

It seems that fun was had by all, which was important to me because it's really the only time of the year that I am forced to play hostess (I like when other people have to worry if others are having fun instead of me doing it myself)
I know when I have had too much fun over the weekend when I go back to work the following Monday. "Miss Hock how did you lose your voice? Miss Hock are you tired? Your eyes look weird"(water retention )
Ahh.....out of the mouths of babes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home