Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Reading

"Reading to the mind, what exercise is to the body"
---Joseph Addison


I have not done a lot of reading or exercising lately. I need to get back in the saddle again. In fact, today, I plan on going back to the gym & ordering some book off of ebay while I have the time on Spring Break.
I have not been to the gym for over a month. I was spending time on being the manager at a creative problem-solving troupe at school and neglected myself. I am positive that that is why I got so sick last week and was off school for 4 days with the actual flu. I haven't been that sick for a long time. I think it was my body's way of saying "slow down Starr!!!" I have learned that if I do not make time for myself that I will get sick. Living a "balanced" life is a little easier said than done though. (of course)At any rate, I know think that I have enough energy to go back to the gym and start my habit of healthy living again. I had had huge expectations of trying the mini this year but got side-tracked with school responsibilities and illness. I think that I am going to forfeit it tyhis year, There just isn't enough time to train. However, I still plan on hitting the gym as hard as I did last summer break. Perhaps I can find another mini over the summer. Who knows?
I also plan on getting back into reading. Part of living a balanced life is to take time for myself & reading relaxes me soooooo much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home