Kindness

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."
---Lao Tzu
So this month I have been giving a lot of thought about kindness and it's effectiveness. I know that I have always heard the saying that you get more done
"with sugar versus vinegar", but it is so true. Case in point: I probably say at least 5 times a day that "I need students to sit up nice and tall." After all, a first grade little body can become contorted in a chair/desk all day & it's hard sometimes to sit still. However, I will have a much better response of me request if I do not nag a particular child to sit correctly in their chair (ie-not lean back) but instead give the child sitting next to them a complement on how they are sitting. All of sudden, 21 other little ones will sit perfectly; including lean back boy.
I test this theory as much as possible. Whether it's giving a compliment to the grocery bagger or stroking another's ego, its a full proof plan that I didn't used to take as much advantage of. Hail kindness!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home