March
"Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch."
---Tug McGraw
So I have come to the realization that March is the hardest month of teaching. I think this for a couple of reasons:
1) You (the teacher) is trying to fit in some of the most difficult concepts of the year around this time that not all the kids are neccessarily developmentally-ready for.
2)You are starting to run out of time & the kids are starting to get squirrelly as the weather is getting warmer & getting closer to Spring Break. All of the best lesson plans go staring out the window on the first warm day.
3) Spring Conferences.
Spring conferences are never good. Since spring conferences are scheduled by my discretion & by teacher invitation only, it is a time of worry and frustration to tell parents things that that really don't want to hear. My job is to speak politically correct instead of just saying to them: "Listen- I eat, breathe, and live your kid: just trust me in what I have to say."
Overall, I can honestly say that my conferences went very well & I worried more than I needed to. However, I don't think that I have run into the tiger that's gonna eat me for lunch......yet. I am hopeful that I will not run into this. However, the year isn't over yet.....

1 Comments:
Did you know that Tug McGraw is Tim McGraw's father?
9:29 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home