February
"Success isn't measured by the the position you reach in life; it's measured by the obstacles that you overcome."
---Booker T. Washington
So I got some bad news about Casey while off for President's Day. I took her to the vet for an eye infection. I have sworn for the last couple of months that she is getting a cataract. However, the vet always says that things look fine and not to worry about it. This particular day when I took her though, the vet said that she wanted to run some tests. This is never good to hear. She called me a couple of days later to inform me that her cell count was off & most likely that it's lymphoma. She told me the alternatives (all expensive of course). I have decided to let her go all natural and not opt for any of the medicines. However, I have completely changed her diet. I guess that I didn't have any idea as to how bad that pet food can be. Therefore, I am hoping that healing her holistically might be an option. I know that there isn't any healing her. However, I simply cannot put her down until I know that she is in pain. Therefore, it is my hope that making her as comfortable as possible will make a difference. She is eating like a king. It occurred to me the other day that I am spending more money on my dog's diet than I am on my own. Oh well, its' something that I should have done a long time ago. I will know from here on out how important canine nutrition is. I think I took it for granted before. However, in my defense, I didn't know that much about it. Knowledge is power in that respect.
Anyway, February I have been staying pretty close to home in order to monitor Casey's behavior. My biggest fear has been that something could happen while I am at work. Therefore, I am trying to make the most of the time that we have left by spoiling her rotten. Who knows how long it will pay off? Mom has a friend that feeding her dog holistically cured her. I can only be hopeful for there is no other way to be!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home