The lightbulb is on
"Victory is not won in miles, but in inches. Win a little now, and later win a little more"
---Louis L'Amour
I wonder why it is so hard to forget what you know. Like, I knew that the second half of the year is so much easier than the first, but I still fell into the December hole. All December I felt useless as a teacher-- it was hard to get over.
But now, at the end of March, I feel great. I guess it takes half a year for the vibe to work itself out in the classroom and for the kids to really trust you and get what you are trying to do. I have had some really cool conversations with my kids last week-- some about school stuff and some not. And when I came into school on Friday I had kids all over the place saying, "Miss Hock, Miss Hock!" Like they missed me! It felt really good.
Things are awesome right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home