Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cable Heaven

"Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority."
---Thomas Huxley


Since I ordered high-speed internet and cable television...I feel like I have entered a whole new stage of luxury. My bed might be broke and I can't seem to afford rising heat prices, but I am able to check my email at home (no more daily trips to the public library sitting next to men trying to sneakily look at porn!) and watch endless Baby/Makeover Story.
The cable tv was an extra that I wasn't anticipating. Sure, I might've had to bat my eyes a couple of times at the geeky cable guy, but it wasn't like glorified prostitution or anything. Yes, I may have pretended that I didn't know what he was doing when he spliced all of my cables in order to get access in every room of my apartment, but come on----wouldn't you?
However, there's always a catch. Many people have asked about my inentions of my apartment in the hood. When am I moving? Apparently, I have expressed to most everyone that I will be mature about this moving process & do it over the summer. (move out) Little do they know that my free cable is making me want to stay? I mean, I am saving 60 bucks a month. I even have all the movie channels. No need to kick a gift horse in the mouth if you ask me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home