Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 3

So author John Gray (author of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus) says that the book that I got should be required reading for every bride. So far the book brings up some excellent points. I almost feel like a student though & want to take notes. I guess you can tell that I crave structure even when school is out for summer? :))

Anyway, I am still at the beginning of the book, talking about the bride's innner turmoil. It actually isn't as bad as the chapter's title suggests. It's just saying that there is a lot that no one has the heart to tell the bride & to be prepared for the impending change coming my way. This chapter brings up 3 good points like believing you can be happy in a marriage (like don't fall victim to all the naysayers that say that marriage is a farce) Then there is challenging conventional thinking (like try not to look at marriage as this instutionalized set of expectations)
Finally, it says to make your own marriage up as you go along (that there are many marriages that are just as zany & liberating as single life---but as just as devoted & committed)

Anyway, today I'm not doing a ton of research on the web, as I'm still trying to move my things in to my new digs. (well kinda new) As a resident, I am trying to orkganize all of our things. We aren't very good at organizing---but when I have some time over summer break----I get better each year. The problem is---I only do this type of house cleaning like once a year :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home