Thursday, June 05, 2008

1st Week off of School

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I have been completely unhealthy the last couple of weeks as I was tieing up loose ends & ending up the school year. I can't tell you the last time that I excersised. I have been eating terribly. I have been drinking too much over the weekends.

It is a time of complete stress every year for me when I approach the last 2 weeks of school. I am completely overwhelmed, & it is hard to complain to others that are not in the teaching field exactly why it is so stressful---because the answer always is, "well you're off for the summer so I don't feel sorry for you." type of answer.

The fact of the matter is that there is a lot of paperwork associated with the end of the year. There is a lot of organizing . (something I continually struggle with) There is a lot of details to cover, & I am not a detailed person. I came home every night last week & went to sleep by 9:30. I never do that. I know how I act when I am completely stressed out--- & I am a sleeper. That is how I deal with stress. I promise that next year I will get more prepared for the last two weeks of school. I know that I say this year after school year, but I really mean it. I can already tell a difference from the first year that I was teaching; I get a little better at it each year.

Anyway, this is my 3rd day off of school. Yesterday I went to the track with a buynch of people from work & had a good time. I didn't win very much, but I only lost $12.00, so the day wasn't a complete loss. It was just fun to do things with people from work. The day before I got all of my laundry done. there is something so comforting in knowing that all the laundry is done.......

Today is my first day to really play on the computer a bit. I always seem to have to blog & journal on my first week off of school. It's like my mind needs to process everything so I can go on to the next chapter of the summer. I am definitely noticing patterns of the summer. I have been off enough summers now to know what I like to do & how I like to spend my time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home