Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not glib at all

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude Jekyll

So "glib" seemed to spread like wildfire this weekend. It has made for definite summer of 2006 vocabulary for the masses. While less than a month ago we watched Tom Cruise accuse Matt of being glib, it seemed to be on the tip of everyone's tongue that I was around this weekend. I am glad that no one was glib around me. However, I might've had to remind some to keep their spirits up and return to a healthy state of non-glibness at all times. Moreover, were anyone to be too glib, I would have had to remove myself from the glibness at all times.

On a seperate note, I guess the popularity of the word got out to the masses via a newspaper article, VH1 and word of mouth. I'm glad it's out. If my friends and I were too selfish with the word, it would have been TOTALLY GLIB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home