Making Up for Lost Time

I have so much to say again today. I thought that the addiction might quickly pass, but since when was I one to NOT be a person of excess? I feel as if I haven't talked to many friends for over a year & before the whole going back to school started.
This past year has been really pretty busy. Pretty much when I hit the pillow at night I am out because the days just to keep going faster and faster. (I am told that this is a part of growing up) However, here are some of the things that have been going on with friends/family sincxe I moved back to Louisville:
Natalie-Natalie is in 1st grade this year. It's pretty cool seeing her progress in reading this year & gives a neat perspective on what I am doing with my kids on a daily basis. Of course, I have to go full out teacher on her and be constantly reading when I am around her. What happened to the cool aunt that used to give cool presents? I dunno.
Jack-This is his 1st year at preschool and it was like within a month of going this fall that his vocabulary more than tripled. Now this kid will not shut up. I could listen to his raspy voice for hours though.
Heather-Heathy still working for nursing home at night so she can stay at home with the kids. Besides working on the perfect tan and daily visits across the street at Target, she has become an avid reader. I like it; I can borrow books. However, she has gotten into the "Left Behind" series these days so I am waiting for some goodies in 2006 since she is almost done with all of the 28(?) books. The kids are well-adjusted and at a magical age; much to my sisters credit.
Mom-Mom has been busy this year. This was her 10 year anniversary and she went to Hawaii for over 10 days. She also went on a shopping trip to Chicago on her own. (with friends)She has been a traveling fool. In between this time,she can retire within five years but then still manage to get a new house.
Dad-Dad has been Mr. Community this year. He is focusing a lot of energy on a project that he has been working on for awhile in New Albany and it is now coming into fruition. This year his path has led him to many different destinations to find answers to this project. I am proud of him for his persistence; for it is this quality that usually gets dad what he wants. When the project is done, it will be quite a feather in his cap.
Jen-Jen is now finishing up her now 3 year stint in school. She will have her Master's by summer. She has been working very hard this past year finaggling all of the various things going on: internship, Colin/Ethan, house, friends, etc. She just keeps on giving it her all to everyone, she hasn't skipped a beat in that respect. I am ready for her to be done with school though so that we can get her back to thinking about herself for a second though. That a ways we can start planning the wedding this summer/fall....
Shannon-Shan is in Tampa for a couple of months. After a bit of a rut in Indy for a sec, she decided that a change of scenery was the way to go. In between taking on a project for a job in Tampa, she jets off to Key West every couple of weeks to visit her mom. Our little jetsetter these days! I am ready for her to be back in March though....the novelty has worn off & I am ready for her to come back.
Casey-my baby is doing well. Her sight is going though from getting old. The vets say that it just an older age dog kind of thing though and nothing to be worried about. She is getting greyer & greyer in the face.
Luva- No complaints from this spoiled cat....
My place-plan on staying here until the summer. I like the central location but I am ready for a change of location. Do not feel safe walking at night. Would like to find a place where I might be able to walk Casey that is a little more safe. If you go up one street to Frankfort Ave it's better. I'm gonna check that out this spring.
My classroom-
Things are finally starting to get more organized. This was a huge prosess. I think it wore me out so much that it was really one of the huge reasons why I had to take the summer off. It was way overwhelming. For those of you that may not know, I took over a retirement and was left a classroom full of everything. The trade off was that I had to go through everything and try to figure out what I needed. It was a daunting task that is still not completed but I am getting closer and have a firm grasp on what I have and what I don't. Much to my amazement, I am not as much of a minimalist as I thought. There was so much that I kept that it has even found its way to my apartment space storage.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home