Step Away from the Dessert Table
I always have a hard time remembering the difference between how to spell desert & dessert. A friend of mine told me an easy way to remember. In exchange, I explained my gimmick of remembering how to spell tomorrow. (I always remember that it has the word morrow in it) At any rate, she explained to me that the way that she remembered how to spell it was the fact that it has 2 S's in it. (always remmeber that you want more & more dessert so it's the one with 2 S's.)
This holiday was certainly a dessert bender to it's fullest. Today I have taken the initiative to step away from the dessert table & not condone anymore holiday grazing. While I know that this is a futile attempt at dieting before the 1st of the year, at least it's a start. I am even going to try to go to aerobics this afternoon after blogging.
I was watching the Today show the other day where they were giving tips on how to avoid holiday grazing. On eof the tips was to always ahve a drink in 1 hand; that it keeps from you being double-fisted with holiday treats. The fact of the matter is that a lot of the items are just a one-time deal. I feel that it's my responsibilty to be double-fisted with Mexican Wedding Cakes, for my mom only makes them this time of year. Additionally, I believe that by not double-fisting, that I am denying myself something that I know is unnacceptable behavior for any other time of the year. I do not condone this behavior in myself any other time. Why must I allow myself those extra pieces of toffee when I know that it will just make me spend extra, extra time at the gym? It is a dilemma I tell you.........

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home