Memory Keeper
So I am finding that as time goes by that I am becoming more & more forgetful. The thing about teaching is that it keeps you on your toes. However, I find that there is an unending supply of need to have a good memory.
I watched a report on TV the other day where they said that TV is actually not good for your memory. It said that activities that help your memory to work better are reading & writing. Therefore, I am hoping to devote more time to these activities. In fact, I even bought a book the other day called "The Memory Keeper's Daughter"
(not about helping my memory at all, just a conincidence)
I find that on a daily basis that I am having to charge things. For instance, on a daily basis, I charge my camera, ipod, & phone. I am relentless about making sure that I am always ready & "fully charged." In fact, the first thing that I grab in the morning is a cup of coffee, Chai, or any other means of caffeine to start out the day. Instead, I think I should just focus on improving my memory. By increasing my memory power, I will ultimately have to force myself to slow down & process information instead of just having my life on DVR. I find that I watch my saved TV shows & then have no idea 20 minutes later what a certain show/news report I was watching was about. Increasing my memory powewr is the ticket to force myself to process information, but not neccesarily slow down.
Sometimes I wish my mind would just stop multi-tasking but it's sooooooo addictive. Therefore, here goes another New Year Resolution in the making.....hee khee

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home